|Mr. Robuchon with his top chefs in action|
Five Facts You Should Know about Joël Robuchon
1. He is arguably one of the greatest French chefs ever lived.
2. At 66 years of age, he has more than 20 fine dining restaurants in the world.
3. He has 26 Michelin stars awarded to his restaurants, every star as precious as winning an Oscar award.
4. He has mentored TV celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey before the latter shot to fame.
5. L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon is his unique black-and-red restaurant concept which took the world by storm with its Paris flagship in 2003.
|L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon, Paris|
Five Things You Never Knew about Joël Robuchon!
1. At age 15, he was training to become a Catholic priest.
- But he helped out in the kitchen a lot when the nuns cooked. Instead of the non-secular calling, he turned to the secular one, when he had to join the workforce to earn a living.
2. You’ll find him on Facebook.
- Yes, he updates his personal Facebook account with photos and all, but it helps if you read French.
3. He eschews molecular gastronomy.
- Despite the hype about molecular gastronomy, he believes it does more harm than good to our human body since chemicals like nitrogen are used in producing the food.
4. High-tech gadgetry amazes him.
- If there’s a hobby he has to name, it’s his fascination with tech gadgets like his iphone and other gizmos alike.
5. He lives out of a suitcase.
- Paris may be where his home is, but he spends most of his time travelling to his restaurants in more than 10 cities around the world and stays only a week out of a year in Paris. A true jetsetter!